There is nothing worse than unwanted odors in the house. And at the same time there is nothing like coming home and besides getting rid of the smell that once bothered you to feel that delicious scent of perfumed home.
A fragrant house is synonymous with cleanliness and comfort not only for those who visit the environment, but also for those who live in it. There are certain smells that help balance the mind and spirit and restore our energies.
So it is good to invest in small techniques that will always make your home smell nice. Can’t you always leave the room fresh and fragrant? Follow our tips today.
1. Cleanliness is important
The first step in ensuring an always smelling home is to master cleanliness. There’s no point in spreading flavors around the house when it’s dirty and messy. And if possible, clean the house daily!
Start opening the windows each day for as long as possible to keep the air circulating. On sunny days, let the light in to stop the moisture and remove the musty odor. If you have larger doors or balcony doors, leave them open for a while.
If you have pets, care for odors and cleaning should double up. For the areas in which your pet circulates, there are special cleaning products that neutralize the characteristic strong smells of the animals. Regularly wash your pet’s blankets, beds, and toys as these are also impregnated with odors. For dogs and cats, use the vacuum cleaner to remove floor hair, carpets and sofa.
8 tips to neutralize odors
Baking soda is a very versatile product for cleaning the house and neutralizing strong odors in multiple rooms. Check out some tips on how to use these and other homemade products to draw strong odors out of the house:
- Put some baking soda in the bottom of the garbage dumps, it will absorb the strong odors from the accumulation of waste. In the absence of baking soda, put some coffee grounds, the result will be as good as.
- Use the citrus peel as a lemon and orange to draw strong smells out of the kitchen. Bring the bowls to a boil with some water and the stench will go away. You can also bring cloves and cinnamon to a boil.
- If there are smokers in the house, try often to clean the lamps with a damp cloth as the cigarette smoke will stick to the glass and the heat from the lamp will give off the stench.
- Charcoal is also very effective in neutralizing strong odors, so if your house is very humid and not very sunny, use it frequently.
- If you pick up the smell of shoes with tea bags, simply put a bag in each bag so that it absorbs moisture and the shoes smell pleasant.
- If you have cats, try adding roasted tea in the litter box to counteract the odors.
- Baking soda is also great for neutralizing strong odors from the refrigerator. Always keep a saucepan or bag of baking soda in it to avoid strong smells.
- Vinegar and lemon are powerful at drawing strong smells out of the kitchen. If you’ve been stirring eggs or fish, and the kitchen had that distinctive smell that doesn’t come out, clean utensils, countertops, and sinks with vinegar or lemon juice. The vinegar can be boiled with a little water.
10 tips to always smell your home
- Invest in essential oils. Essential oils not only perfume the environment, but also have therapeutic, fungicidal and antibacterial effects.
- In a spray of 500ml water, add eight drops of the essential oil of your choice, mix well and use to freshen the room, draw strong smells and keep the environment with a pleasant smell.
- Put a few drops of vanilla essence on the light bulbs. When they are turned on, the heat will spread the scent around the area.
- Buy coffee beans, put a handful of them in pots or cups, and sprinkle the house. To potentiate the smell, leave a candle in the middle of the beans and light every now and then. The smell of coffee will flood the environment.
- Put an artificial plant in the bathroom and add a few drops of fragrance essence or essential oil every day. Prefer citrus scents that make the environment cooler.
- Lavender is a great choice for bedding because it helps you relax and helps you sleep better. Try putting the lavender essence in some cotton balls and leaving them in the pillowcases or under the sheets.
- Carnation and cinnamon are also products that perfume and balance the mind. You can make a very strong clove tea and use that water to spray the room or room. In the case of cinnamon, buy the cinnamon stick and leave some of it scattered on the shelves in the cupboards.
- When using sprays with essences, always spray in the same place, as the smells are impregnated and increase their effectiveness.
- Place a fragrant, essentially soaked cotton ball in the vacuum cleaner. When the device is used, it gives off a nice smell in the air.
- If you have a humidifier, add a few drops of essential oil to the device’s water tank to help exhale the perfume into the surrounding area.
There are several products available for flavoring the surroundings of your home in shops and supermarkets. The diffusers are probably the best known and, in addition to a pleasant smell, many of them become decorative objects.
The most common are chopsticks, soaked in the fragrant solution, gradually releasing the odor into the environment. There are also heat distributors where a small candle heats the essential oil and gently perfumes the room.
If you are struggling to find fragrances and diffusers, you know that it is very easy to do at home. What matters is that your home always smells nice and is pleasant!