It is possible that the room is one of the rooms where the clutter is likely to increase. This is because it is a room where there is not much movement of people, it is very rare for a visitor to be invited to enter your room so there is a tendency to neglect some of the housekeeping.
In addition, it is in the bedroom that are focused our belongings, clothes, shoes, various items of personal use and keeping so many different things organized there really is some work. The good news is that it is possible to get the room in order in just a few simple steps.
Check out the tips we brought into today’s article to keep everything in its right place without waiting for hours.
How to organize the couple’s room
- The first step is to ventilate the area, so open the windows to let in fresh air.
- Arrange the bed as soon as you wake up. Pull apart the sheets, cover the covers, and let the pillows fall.
- Set the space for each thing and always keep the objects in the right places. The clothes, the shoes, the cosmetics, the costume jewelry, everything has to have its right place.
- Have enough hangers for the shirts and things that get stuck. Avoid overalls and coats, and leaving the closet disorganized can ruin clothes.
- Organize the items so that you don’t use them every day but stay at the bottom of the shelves and the items you use most are within easy reach.
- Regularly remove items that you no longer use and refer to donations. When buying something new, look for something that can be thrown away or donated.
- Invest in multifunctional furniture that helps with organization, like a box with a trunk or beds with alcoves and drawers to keep your bedclothes and books.
- Avoid excess furniture in the room to make it easier to move around and prevent objects from collecting. If you have a TV in the room, install it directly on a wall or panel.
- Change the bed linen regularly (e.g. every 15 days) and spray perfumed textile water to smell freshly washed bed linen.
- Only place pillows on the bed when you need to stow them away and you don’t have to throw them all on the floor before bed.
How to organize children’s rooms
- Separate the room by “zones”: the work area, the sleeping area and the leisure area.
- Take out everything that is not environmental and put it back in the right place, like glasses, plates, empty bottles, etc.
- Take the bed. Let the sheets stretch, fluffy pillows and cover folded.
- Separate clothes and take off everything for washing, put jackets and shirts on hangers, put the other parts in the drawers and shelves.
- Regularly remove broken toys and toys that are intended for donation.
- Arrange the study board. Remove pens, pencils, and other items that are broken or stop working. Throw away unnecessary papers, organize notebooks and books.
- Leave the windows open to air and scent the sheets and pillows.
- Multifunctional furniture is even more important for children’s rooms or teenagers. Consider investing in raised beds to take advantage of the space under the furniture.
- The lower bed can be used to set up organizer boxes and baskets to keep toys and shoes clean.
- Avoid piling up stuffed animals. They are beautiful and cute, but they collect dust and mites and can be a poison for those with allergies. The rag dolls should be washed regularly.
How to organize the guest room
- Avoid turning the guest room into a “mess” by putting anything you don’t want in it.
- Put a basket or trunk to store the bedding. It is important to have a set of sheets, a bedspread, extra pillows, and a warm blanket.
- Make some kits with items that your visitors will need such as toiletries, slippers, towels, hair dryer, cell phone charger, plug adapters, headphones, etc.
- The functional furniture rule also applies to the guest bedroom, trundle bed or roll box to organize the least used items or bed linen.
- Before receiving someone, ventilate the area well, change bed linen, perfume the area.
- Provide spaces for guests to keep, or at least organize, their belongings. A few hangers, a macaw or a rack will help. This keeps the clutter in the way during the visit.
- Make room for a desk so your guest can turn on the laptop and use the WiFi password.
- Place organizers or baskets so visitors can store their belongings such as purses, sunglasses, costume jewelry, watches, etc.
- Consider installing a TV
Decent bed, comfort folded
- There are people who don’t clean the bed in the morning because it gets confused again at night. We can’t say this reasoning is completely wrong, but nothing leaves a cozier space than a decent bed.
- Of course, we are not saying that you should pack your bed with pillows and pillows of various sizes and layers like the ones we see in decoration magazines. But it’s great to come home after a busy day with a bed sheet that can be stretched to your liking and cozy and fragrant pillows waiting for you.
- Make a habit of cleaning your bed every day. This setting already reduces the clutter and gives those arriving an atmosphere of comfort.
- What do you think of today’s tips on room organization? As you can see it is possible to organize the dorms daily according to simple rules. Just invest in small changes in habits and everything will work. How about experimenting? Tell us the results.