Know a few ways you can remove the sink
If your sink is filled with grease in the piping, the best technique to solve the blockage is to mix only hot water with detergent.
- Before applying the product, remove any water that has accumulated in the sink;
- Then boil 5 liters of water;
- Then add detergent to the water;
- Now pour the mixture into the drain.
With soap powder
The powder soap method is also ideal for grease contamination cases. To do this, prepare a mixture of 5 liters of water with a little soap.
- First drain all the water from the sink;
- Put the soap in the drain until it covers the whole and you only see the soap;
- Then you need to put about a liter of hot water over it;
- Finally, turn off the tap and wait for the result.
If the clogging problem is solid residue, use a wire to release the sink. In general, the result is best when the residue is hair or yarn.
- Take 3 wires and cut them to the same size;
- Braid with them;
- Then you bend the top of each one to three hooks;
- The job is to put the wire in the drain until it reaches the maximum that you can;
- Then twist the wire to try to pull all the dirt out.
Using Rubber Defrost
This is the most common way to release a sink. The method is also very convenient as you only need the piston.
- Put a lot of water in the sink until it covers the rubberized part of the nozzle;
- Then place the nozzle over the drain to make very firm movements, but they must be slow;
- Turn that up and down;
- Now remove the piston to check if the water has dropped or not;
- If you find that the sink is still clogged, repeat the process until you can unlock it.
Use cooking salt
Using the salt is the easiest way to eliminate sinks, as it is difficult for someone to not have the product at home.
- You need a cup of table salt and a pair of gloves;
- Wear the glove so that you do not burn your hands and pour all the contents into the drain.
- Then pour boiling water over it;
- During the flow of water, take a cloth and put it under pressure on the drain.
With baking soda and vinegar
Baking soda is an excellent cleaner and vinegar is often used by housewives in daily cleansing. Mix the two to get a large sink deicer.
Write down the material you need:
- 4 cups of hot water;
- ½ cup vinegar;
- 1 cup baking soda.
Go step by step:
- Empty the entire sink and let it dry completely.
- Then take the baking powder and place it on the drain;
- Now pour all the vinegar over it;
- You will see their reaction to bubbles;
- If it does not boil anymore, throw all the hot water on it;
- Wait for + or – 15 minutes to see if the process has cleared the deadlock.
With chemical stripper
If you want to use a more aggressive process, you can use chemical detents. They are very efficient and there are several brands in the market. However, you should try to use protective gear before using it.
- To perform the process, it is best to follow all recommendations on the product packaging.
- After completing the procedure, pour plenty of water into the sink to remove excess product until nothing is left.
Using caustic soda
Caustic soda actually cleans the sink and tubing, but it is a highly toxic product that, if used improperly, can cause disease. In addition, the material is very corrosive and can damage all pipes with constant use. Use caustic soda only when in a very critical situation.
- Put on gloves, glasses and boots.
- See all manufacturer’s instructions;
- Take the caustic soda and pour 1 cup into it;
- Then pour the contents into the drain;
- Then pour hot water over it;
- For the product to react, leave it overnight.
- The next day throw a lot of water into the drain and let the water run until there are no residues left.
Use of enzymes
A good choice for those who do not want to use toxic products is the product it has in its composition, harmless bacteria and enzymes. These components have the ability to break down organic matter from sinks and pipes.
However, read all information on the packaging before using it. Safety equipment should also be used, because although it is not a chemical, you can have some kind of reaction.
- When using the product, you should have it acted on the packaging all the time;
- Now pour a lot of hot water to remove any residue.
Clean the siphon
Not always the clog is in the sink. Before each use, check that the siphon does not block the water flow.
- Place a bowl under the sink before checking. As a result, the water falls into the ground, not to the floor of the kitchen or the bathroom;
- You have to unscrew the siphon;
- After removal, clean it with a mixture of water and detergent;
- Rub with a sponge to remove any residue;
- If it’s clean, just screw it in place.
Use a damming probe
If you find that the blockage is in the wall pipe, the service becomes more complicated. The process, however, is more effective than the others.
Use the following materials:
- A screwdriver;
- An old cloth;
- A hose that runs on a faucet.
Proceed as follows:
- First, wrap the old cloth in the hose. Leave a gap of + or – two hands from the end of the hose;
- The wall-mounted siphon must be removed;
- Now place the hose in the barrel and adjust it as far as possible.
- Slide the old cloth into the barrel. If you have trouble, use a screwdriver;
- But you have to do that without removing the hose. The cloth must form a barrier at the edge of the barrel;
- Then connect the hose;
- At this point you will notice that the water presses into the cylinder until it is blocked;
- Finally, connect the hose and insert the siphon.
If you notice that the above methods have not been resolved, you can pressurize a hose to try to eliminate the rest of the barrel.
- Insert a hose into the drain. The hose must be a little smaller than the drain to enter;
- Turn the tap as far as possible to keep the water under pressure.
For those who had no idea, Coca Cola is made from phosphoric acid. This material is so aggressive that it dissolves all the fat it has in the barrel. So it can be an excellent way to deacidify sinks and even toilets.
- Use 2 liters of cola. You can use it normally or even old that will take effect;
- Throw all contents into the clogged sink;
- Now wait to see if the sink is really clogged;
- Then make a lot of water to avoid waste.
Be careful not to clog the sink
Some procedures should be performed to prevent the sink from becoming clogged. Check-Out!
Watch what you play in the drain
Generally, people are not careful when washing dishes. So do not throw away the leftover food. It is this waste that often clogs the sinks in the end. If you want to avoid this, use a rinse guard that fills the dirt so it does not fall directly into the drain.
Beware of coffee grounds
If you are in the habit of using a cloth strainer to make coffee, be careful when you throw the coffee grounds down the drain. Instead, first throw in the trash and rinse the sieve, as the smudge usually clogs the sink.
Beware of hair
Avoid combing your hair and shaving the beard in the sink if they get stuck in the sink. This stops the flow of water. If you notice that you have hair in the area, remove it and throw it in the trash.
Learn to discard fat properly
Oil, grease or other oily substances should not be disposed of in the sink. If you do not know, fat builds up on the walls of the pipe. So it will not be long before the sink is clogged.
You have noticed how important it is to make sure that the sink in your house is not constantly blocked. But when that happens, you already know how to use our tips to resolve the sink in the most appropriate way.